Inquiries and Assistance

If you are having any issues with your passport, please fill out this form and email it to

If you are experiencing difficulty obtaining a U.S. passport or your application has exceeded the normal processing time, our office can make an inquiry on your behalf with the U.S. Department of State.  

Please take a few minutes to read the information below. There are also several links below to the State Department and U.S. Customs and Border Protection that may be helpful to you as well.

If you need additional assistance, please fill out and print the online form at the bottom of this page, and return it with a signed privacy release to the Dallas office.

Applying for a Passport

The Passports section of the U.S. Department of State website provides comprehensive information on the application process for passports and passport cards including fees, forms, processing times, application status, lost or stolen passports, and more.

The U.S. Passport Card can be used to enter the United States from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda at land border crossings or sea ports-of-entry and is more convenient and less expensive than a passport book. The passport card cannot be used for international travel by air.

Renewing a passport

By Mail — You can renew your passport by mail if you meet all of these criteria. Your most recent U.S. Passport must be:

  • Undamaged and submitted with your application;
  • Issued when you were 16 or older;
  • Issued in the last 15 years;
  • Issued in your current name (does not apply if you can legally document your name change)

In Person — If you do not meet all four requirements above, you must submit your passport application in person. 

For additional information,

Routine Service: The processing time for routine passport applications is approximately 10-12 weeks from time of application.
Expedited Service: Processing time for expedited service for passport applications, including overnight delivery to and from the passport agency, is approximately 4-6 weeks door-to-door.
Urgent Requests: The nearest Passport Agency schedules appointments if you need your U.S. passport in less than two weeks for international travel, or if you need your U.S. passport within four weeks to obtain a foreign visa. You can make an appointment 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by using the automated appointment system at 1-877-487-2778. Appointments are available from 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, excluding federal holidays. 

General Information - Travel

Click each section below to learn more. 

U.S. Embassies and Consulates are located throughout the world and provide a variety of services to U.S. citizens and permanent residents who are traveling outside of the United States. Embassies and consulates are also responsible for issuing visas and notifying U.S. citizens of travel warnings. When traveling outside of the United States, you may want to contact a nearby U.S. Embassy or Consulate to let them know where you are staying and how long you will be in the area.

  •, the website of the Bureau of Consular Affairs at the State Department, provides comprehensive information for the international traveler.
  • International Travel – Administered by the Office of American Citizens Services and Crisis Management (ACS), this site offers tips for traveling and living abroad, travel alerts and warnings.
  • Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) – STEP is a free service for U.S. citizens traveling to or living in a foreign country. STEP allows you to enter information about your upcoming trip abroad so the State Department can better assist you in an emergency.
  • Emergencies and Crises – The ACS assists embassies and consulates in providing emergency services to Americans traveling or living abroad. U.S. citizens can call Overseas Citizens Services at 1-888-407-4747 (from overseas: 202-501-4444) for assistance.

The Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI) requires U.S. citizens returning home from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean or Bermuda by land or sea to show one of the following travel documents:

The WHTI requires U.S. citizens returning home from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean or Bermuda by air to present a U.S. passport. This applies to everyone including newborns, infants and children.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), one of the components of the Department of Homeland Security, is responsible for securing our borders. As part of their mission, CBP operates several programs:

  • Trusted Traveler Programs provide expedited travel for pre-approved, low risk travelers.
  • Global Entry Program – The Global Entry Program allows an expedited clearance for pre-approved, low-risk travelers returning to the United States from abroad. Participants may enter the United States by using automated kiosks located at select airports.
  • FAST Driver Program – The FAST (Free and Secure Trade) Driver cards are Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI) compliant documents for entry into the United States by land or sea. 
  • NEXUS Program – The NEXUS card can be used as an alternative to a passport for air, land, and sea travel into the United States for U.S. and Canadian citizens.
  • SENTRI Program – SENTRI (Secure Electronic Network for Travelers Rapid Inspection) participants undergo a thorough background check and are issued a Radio Frequency Identification Document (RFID) that will identify their status upon arrival at a U.S. port of entry. A sticker decal issued for their vehicle or motorcycle allows SENTRI users access to dedicated primary lanes.