WASHINGTON – U.S. Senator John Cornyn (R-TX) today joined a video conference call with U.S. Border Patrol Sector Chiefs and Directors of U.S. Customs & Border Protection’s Office of Field Operations in Texas for a briefing on enforcement efforts along the Texas-Mexico border. The operational briefing focused on the challenges to federal law enforcement officials due to the new administration’s policy shifts and increasing migrant numbers along the border.
Briefers on the call included:
- Joel Martinez, Deputy Chief, Rio Grande Valley Sector
- Matthew Hudak, Chief, Border Patrol Laredo Sector
- Austin Skero, Chief, Border Patrol Del Rio Sector
- Sean McGoffin, Chief, Border Patrol Big Bend Sector
- Gloria Chavez, Chief, Border Patrol El Paso Sector
- Albert Barnes, Deputy Director of Field Operations, Customs & Border Protection
- Randy J. Howe, Director, Laredo Field Office Office of Field Operation
Today’s video conference call follows Sen. Cornyn’s visit to the Texas-Mexico border on Friday, when he toured a migrant facility for minors in Carrizo Springs and received briefings from federal officials before proceeding to Laredo where he was briefed by local and community leaders.