Senator Cornyn

On This Page:

Home Ownership & Foreclosure

If your issue is time-sensitive, contact our Dallas office at 972-239-1310.

On This Page:

Home Ownership Resources

  • The Treasury Department and the Department of Housing and Urban Development have set up this website for the 7-9 million homeowners who may be able to benefit from the government’s “Making Home Affordable” program. Need urgent help? Contact the Homeowner’s HOPE Hotline: 888-995-HOPE (4673).
  • U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD): The HUD website provides links to various resources including housing counseling agencies, the Texas Attorney General, and free legal aid. Visit Avoiding Foreclosure for more information.
  • Federal Housing Administration (FHA): The Federal Housing Administration provides mortgage insurance on loans made by FHA-approved lenders throughout the United States and its territories. Their website hosts information on various federal assistance programs.
  • Federal Trade Commission (FTC): The Federal Trade Commission offers comprehensive consumer information on a wide variety of topics. Visit the FTC’s Real Estate and Mortgages page for helpful publications and facts for consumers about homes and real estate. The FTC’s Real Estate Marketplace Glossary: How to Talk the Talk [PDF] provides definitions of terms often used in the real estate industry.
  • Protecting Retirement and Health Benefits after Job Loss: The U.S. Department of Labor has compiled tips for how to keep your health care coverage if you lose your job.
  • The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC)  helps customers of national banks find answers to questions on several topics including mortgages and home equity products.
  • The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau: The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau was established by Congress under the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act of 2010.
    • If you have issues with your credit card, mortgage, credit reporting, debt collection, bank account or service, money transfer, payday loan, private student loan, or other consumer loan, submit a complaint here or call toll-free at (855) 411-CFPB (2372).

    • Complaints can also be faxed to (855) 237-2392 or mailed to:

      Consumer Financial Protection Bureau

      P.O. Box 4503

      Iowa City, IA 52244

  • Texas Housing Authority: The Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs (TDHCA) has received federal funds from the U.S. Department of Treasury to help Texas take a step forward through a comprehensive, statewide strategy aimed to help homeowners at high risk of default or foreclosure.
  • Texas Attorney GeneralThe Texas Attorney General’s website offers various resources to help you save your home.   

Need Additional Assistance?

If you’ve reviewed the above resources and still need assistance with home ownership and foreclosure issues, please click the button below to complete the online assistance request form.