Fall, Spring, and Summer internships are available in six of our state offices and in Washington, D.C. Interns may be eligible to receive financial compensation and/or class credit in accordance with their school’s internship program policy. To receive financial compensation, interns must work a minimum of 16 hours per week and receive approval from their school’s internship program.
Apply for an Internship
Spring semester internships: Completed application packets are due November 10th, 2023.
Summer internships: Completed application packets are due the first Friday in March.
Fall semester internships: Completed application packets are due the first Friday in July.
In order to apply for an internship, students must have graduated from high school and completed at least one semester of college classes. Recent graduates are welcome to apply.
- Official college transcript
- Two letters of Recommendation
- Essays: Typed, double-spaced 12-point font, 400 word minimum per essay.
- Why do you want to intern for Senator Cornyn?
- Which of Senator Cornyn’s policy stances do you most appreciate and why?