Senator Cornyn

Support for Military

Keeping Our Promise To American Heroes

Senator Cornyn’s father served in the military for 31 years, and he grew up around men and women dedicated to protecting our country. Senator Cornyn is proud to represent a state with one of the largest military populations and is committed to supporting the men and women who courageously serve in our nation’s armed forces.

If your legal residence or home of record is Texas and you are having a problem related to your military service, our casework staff may be able to assist you. However, it is recommended that you first work through your chain of command, your unit chaplain, or the local judge advocate’s office to resolve the matter when appropriate. If you feel you have exhausted all of your options within the military, our office can then make an inquiry on your behalf. Additionally, we are often contacted by friends and family members of military personnel experiencing difficulties, but our office must hear directly from the servicemember and obtain their written authorization in order to contact their respective branch on their behalf.

If you need assistance, please fill out the online form below. Once you have done so, you will be prompted to download and return relevant privacy releases to the Dallas office before Senator Cornyn’s casework team can assist you.

If your issue is time-sensitive, please call the Dallas office at 972-239-1310.

Issues Senator Cornyn’s Office Can Help With

For each of the issues below, our staff can inquire on your behalf to the appropriate office and will keep you apprised of the response we receive: 

  • Concerns with medical care
  • Requests for compassionate reassignment or hardship discharge
  • Problems with your chain of command
  • Military and retired pay issues

Issues Senator Cornyn’s Office Needs to Refer Elsewhere

  • Servicemembers not from Texas should contact a U.S. Senator from their home of record.
  • Legal issues — Senator Cornyn’s office cannot intervene in matters that fall within the scope of the Uniform Code of Military Justice. Servicemembers should contact their local judge advocate’s office or work with their attorney on any legal issues. Our office can help ensure a servicemember or a family member receives due process.
  • TRICARE is the health care program serving uniformed service members, retirees, and their families worldwide. The TRICARE website provides comprehensive information for anyone who receives health benefits through the TRICARE program.
  • Pay Issues: The Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS) processes pay transactions forservicemembers and retirees. The myPay page on the DFAS website allows users to set up myPay accounts with a personalized login and password. The AskmyPay page provides useful contact numbers for servicemembers to first try to resolve their concerns with DFAS.
  • Texas National Guard: The Texas National Guard provides trained forces in support of our national military strategy and responds as needed to state, local, and regional emergencies to ensure peace, order, and public safety.

These four private, nonprofit organizations help service members with emergency assistance and short-term financial problems:

  • Defense Hotline — This hotline allows servicemembers and their families to file a complaint, e.g. military reprisal, or to report waste fraud and abuse.
  • Marine Corps Community Services (MCCS)  — The MCCS website provides resources for Marines and their families.
  • Military Community and Family Policy (MC&FP) — The DOD website provides official Military Community and Family Policy (MC&FP) program information, policy, and guidance designed to help troops and their families, leaders, and service providers.
  • — A 24/7 resource for military members, spouses, and family. This portal provides quick access to information for all branches of the armed forces, National Guard, reserves, and Coast Guard. To contact Military OneSource, call 1-800-342-9647.
  • Service Women’s Action Network (SWAN) — SWAN supports service women and women veterans. To contact the 24/7 emergency assistance hotline, call 1-888-669-0907. Through this hotline, you can obtain helpful information from a trained specialist on sexual violence, best practices as a woman serving in the military, discharge and disability claims, and general support.

Request Additional Assistance

Personal Information

Additional Information