The War in Israel
Over the last few weeks, we have witnessed barbaric atrocities as Hamas violently slaughtered over a thousand innocent Israeli civilians and captured hostages to use as human bargaining chips. Among the lives tragically lost were at least 32 American citizens.
It’s important for the terrorists and those who finance them to understand that America’s support for Israel is not limited to rhetoric. Whatever they need, the United States and the people of this great country will answer the call.
Texans in Israel who are in need of assistance can fill out a State Department crisis intake form by clicking the button below. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to my office if you have additional questions or concerns. You can contact my office HERE.
In response to Hamas’ attacks on the Jewish State, Sen. Cornyn has cosponsored a range of legislative items to ensure the Israeli people have the tools and resources they need to defend themselves and to fight anti-Semitism here at home. He has also joined his colleagues in calling for action by the Biden Administration to halt support for Iran, the world’s most prolific sponsor of terrorism and the primary state supporter of Hamas.
- Cosponsored the Stop Anti-Semitism on College Campuses Act, which would revoke funding for colleges that promote, authorize, or tolerate anti-Semitism on their campuses.
- Cosponsored the Revoke Iranian Funding Act of 2023, which would prevent the Iranian regime from accessing and using the $6 billion of funds held in Qatar to facilitate or finance acts of terrorism.
- Cosponsored a Senate resolution, which passed the Senate on October 19, 2023, to reaffirm Israel’s right to defend itself, condemn Hamas’ war against Israelis and the Jewish State, and commit to providing Israel with necessary emergency support to protect its citizens.
- Cosponsored a bicameral resolution urging President Biden to revoke the visas of foreign nationals who endorse or engage in terrorist activities.
- Cosponsored legislation, which would block Iran from accessing the $6 billion in funds that the Biden administration released in August.
- Issued a joint statement with his Senate colleagues warning potential perpetrators against making domestic threats precipitated by Hamas’ attacks in Israel.
- Called on President Biden and the U.S. State Department to immediately freeze the $6 billion in Iranian funds agreed to in prisoner swap negotiations.
- Joined 25 Senate colleagues in demanding answers from Secretary of State Antony Blinken regarding the $6 billion in funding for Iran.
- Urged President Biden to continue putting his full attention on the freeing of American hostages taken by Hamas during the terrorist organization’s October 7th attacks on Israel and supporting Israel’s efforts to dismantle the threat of Hamas.
- Joined 11 Senate colleagues in calling on Leader Schumer to reject President Biden’s request for humanitarian aid to Gaza that Hamas will steal.